Question

Is there a good way of training alexa on the beam?

• 9 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have been using the Beam for around a year and its been quite good. But over time the alexa integration seems to be getting worse not better. It seems to constantly misunderstand me, hears the keywords when i never said it for example. Or it will do the opposite of what i asked, for example i ask to turn the lights on and it turns them off. I have amazon echos in other places in the house that seem very good in comparison.

So I would like to know if there is a good way to train the alexa integration more then just creating a voice profile.

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @kennyfamily.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I would be glad to assist you with this concern.

Generally, you can add Alexa skills but it can only be done through the Amazon Alexa platform.

This article will explain how to control your Sonos system using Amazon Alexa and will provide a list of example commands.

I just want to verify if the Sonos Beam is the only device you are experiencing these issues.

What are devices you are using, on your example above turning On and Off the lights?

Here is a guide you can follow if Alexa commands not working on Sonos.

If that doesn’t help,  please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.
It can help up identify what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.