Is Sonos beam capable of changing TV inputs viv-a-vis ALEXA?

• 13 April 2019
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Please don't respond with links to ALEXA commands - we are beyond the introductory level here. It seems the answer is no. HOWEVER, there are work-arounds. Ive posted this question before. Im providing the link to get you guys up to speed.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/can-sonos-beam-change-the-tv-s-hdmi-input-via-alexa-6822197/index1.html#post16326312

You'll notice the best answer is not an answer; just a link to ALEXA commands. So it seems that I came across the answer serendipitously, but I don't fully understand it yet. At first the TV would only turn on to the HDMI output associated with arc - the sonos beam input. I usually use the computer input... (HDMI 3)... It changed to HDMI input 2 on its own. How? Not sure... trying to figure it out, but wanted to put this out there as others are experiencing the same hick ups.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.