Answered

iOS app > add service > voice : not showing

• 6 October 2019
  • 10 replies

ok, I've installed my brandnew Sonos One succesfully (yay!) on my home wifi network, and now I want to setup voice control (Alexa, Google, whatever) on my Sonos One.
All the internet sources tell me to simply add the 'Voice service' in the Sonos app (=iOS, latest version), and select 'Alexa'.
Problem: when going to 'Services' in the Sonos app, there simply is no 'Voice' option. There is the 'Music' service you can add (which I did: I've added Apple Music), but no 'Voice' service to add...
How is this possible?
(I've reinstalled the Sonos app multiple times, I've rebooted my iPhone. I've looked for answers online).
So... help!
Anybody?

(btw, I did not have an Alexa account before, but I've created one now. And yes, the Alexa service is available in my country.)

So, thank you very much for advicing me what to do.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 October 2019, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response, I’m in Australia which is listed as a supported country so I shouldn’t need to change country.

Hi

You need to uninstall and re install the Sonos app in order for the change of country setting (to USA or another supported country) to take effect. Logging out and in did not work for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, I live in Australia which is listed as having this service, I went through the setup process which seemed to work but I wonder should it show in the Sonos app as a connected voice service like music services?

Currently alexa voice service not showing as connected in Sonos app but does in Alexa app?

Hi, did you get this working?

For future reference - try setting your country on your Sonos account to United Kingdom, then log out and log in again on your phone. If relogging does not work - reinstall the app (this will most likely not delete your current setup).

This worked! Thank you!
Hi, did you get this working?

For future reference - try setting your country on your Sonos account to United Kingdom, then log out and log in again on your phone. If relogging does not work - reinstall the app (this will most likely not delete your current setup).
Hi! I have the exact same problem with my Sonos One. I'm also from Belgium and have some friends that do have a working voice control on their sonos (in Belgium). The voice service option is simply not there. Also the voice button on the speakers itself does not turn the microphone on. I have succesfully linked the alexa app with the sonos app, spotify and with the speaker. But in the sonos app the voice servis is not there.
I’m guessing if it’s not officially supported in Belgium that your friends may have changed their profile country settings for their online Sonos Account, perhaps? I would ask them.
Hi! I have the exact same problem with my Sonos One. I'm also from Belgium and have some friends that do have a working voice control on their sonos (in Belgium). The voice service option is simply not there. Also the voice button on the speakers itself does not turn the microphone on. I have succesfully linked the alexa app with the sonos app, spotify and with the speaker. But in the sonos app the voice servis is not there.
Thank you for replying.
Ok, I double-checked the availability of the Alexa Service in Belgium, and although the local Sonos website (in Dutch) promotes the Sonos One having built-in Alexa service (it really promotes it!), it seems that the 'small print' section mentiones that it is actually not available in Belgium...
My apology for the mistake...
This Sonos Support Page shows the list of Countries where 'Alexa on Sonos' is available...

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3517
Which country are you referring to here. Alexa service maybe available standalone, but it may not yet be available on Sonos.