Answered

individual speaker voice control setup?

• 27 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a alexa device and a sonos device in each room of my house. at the moment i can control sonos via the pair of sonos ones that i have in my front room, but i also want alexa functionality in each of the other rooms. is it possible to connect my alexa devices (one dot, one spot and one echo) directly to my sonos speakers (one pair of play 5's and 2 individual play 1's) so that each one has voice control the same as the sonos ones.
icon

Best answer by Chris 27 February 2018, 23:26

You should already have voice control as it should have added all your Sonos rooms to voice control when you activated your Sonos Ones. The only difference is you have to say the location you want it to play.

Lets assume you have Sonos one in zone called bedroom. And you have an Echo Dot and a Play:3 in room called Kitchen.

To play music on the Sonos One you say "Alexa play Bruno Mars"
to play music on the Play:3 you say to your dot "Alexa play Bruno Mars in Kitchen"

As long as Alexa discovered your Play:3 in this case when you did discovery originally with the Sonos One - this should work right now.

All the same commands you say to Sonos One should work with the Echo dot - just always say "in kitchen" in this example afterwards.

Alexa turn it up in kitchen
Alexa pause in kitchen
Alexa play Bruno Mars on Pandora in kitchen
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You should already have voice control as it should have added all your Sonos rooms to voice control when you activated your Sonos Ones. The only difference is you have to say the location you want it to play.

Lets assume you have Sonos one in zone called bedroom. And you have an Echo Dot and a Play:3 in room called Kitchen.

To play music on the Sonos One you say "Alexa play Bruno Mars"
to play music on the Play:3 you say to your dot "Alexa play Bruno Mars in Kitchen"

As long as Alexa discovered your Play:3 in this case when you did discovery originally with the Sonos One - this should work right now.

All the same commands you say to Sonos One should work with the Echo dot - just always say "in kitchen" in this example afterwards.

Alexa turn it up in kitchen
Alexa pause in kitchen
Alexa play Bruno Mars on Pandora in kitchen
you are correct, thanks mate