Answered

Incorrect Radio Station Plays (Alexa)

• 16 February 2018
  • 14 replies

Badge
I'm having a slight problem getting Alexa to play a particular radio station that I request in the UK.

Previously without issues, I've been able to ask Alexa to "play Absolute Radio in the lounge" for example and
Alexa replies "Absolute radio from Tunein playing on lounge". It then proceeds to play Absolute Radio.

However today, every time I give the same command "Alexa play Absolute Radio in the lounge" I get the reply "Absolute Radio 70's from Tunein playing on lounge" and the incorrect station - "Absolute Radio 70's" plays???

Doesn't matter which Alexa device I give the commands to or which Sonos speaker I ask it to play on.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

Or possibly, could somebody else in the UK try it and see if they are getting the same result?

I am still able to play Absolute Radio through the Sonos app.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by SRF 17 February 2018, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Badge
I am having exactly the same problem! Have been using Alexa to control Sonos for the past year, I guess, and have had no problem - up to this week. I get exactly the same issue and have reported via the Alexa app but I doubt it will do any good.

This is really annoying as its the most used station and now just won't work properly.

I wonder if it's something to do with the new Absolute Radio skill that has recently been launched?
Badge
Same here!
Love Absolute Radio.
Some songs from the 70's I don't mind but the 70's all time is driving me nuts :8
I'm having the same problem. Very annoying.
Same problem here. Very annoying. Only been happening for the last couple of days.
This is not answered, how do you remove the "answered" flag from this thread?
Userlevel 2
I get the exact same issue too. Lov Absolute Radio, but 70's is not my thing all the time. I now ask to play Absolute Radio 80's or have to use the SONOS controller on my phone to select Absolute Radio :(

Have also reported through the Alexa app on my phone.

Please fix!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This is an Alexa issue. Had the same with BBC Radio London a few months back. Amazon did respond and even called to check it worked!
Userlevel 2
This is an Alexa issue. Had the same with BBC Radio London a few months back. Amazon did respond and even called to check it worked!

Did you report the issue via the Alexa app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes. Although the app was somewhat different back then and Amazon a lot more responsive.
Badge
I've also reported it via email in the Alexa app but have not yet had a reply
Badge
This issue seems to be resolved 🙂
Badge
Wonderful! Just came back to check the thread and, yes, it is fixed!!

Thanks very much to whoever dealt with this!
Badge
This issue has returned!
Now instead of Absolute Radio......
Alexa plays "Absolute Pop 70's by 1.FM"
Crazy
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Email Alexa support again. There is also RadioPlayer skill as an alternative that you may find will work.

John