Question

Inconsistent alexa sonos commands?

• 5 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I am seeing issues with alexa not always responding with the short hand notation of "alexa, resume" or "alexa, skip track". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else facing this issue? Only way that it works all the time is to be able to append "... in living room", for instance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The official requirement is to append the room name. There was functionality early on that attempted to "remember" the last command given and assume the room name carries over, but as you can see, it is not that reliable and I believe it was scrapped. Perhaps when the Alexa interface allows you to assign a default Sonos device to an Echo it will work better.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yea i just wanted to ask because when you look at the sonos documentation website it still has the simplified commands...

I mean to me if you don't support it remove it even if it is just a temporary move. However, maybe those simplified commands do work for Sonos One's? Idk...
I think it works if there's no intervening command to Alexa. If you ask it to do something else, I believe it loses context.