How to use Alexa to switch Beam from music to TV

• 19 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'm listening to my TV through Beam. I use Alexa to switch to play some music via Tidal. I cant seem to figure out how to get back to audio from the TV. I've tried “Alexa stop music,” and “Alexa play TV sound” and various iterations of this. What am I doing wrong? Is there an Alexa command for this? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The command you need is “Alexa switch to TV”. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @elee532

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share some information to help you out. 

The Sonos Beam requires a TV with an HDMI ARC port in order to use Amazon Alexa to control your TV. With Amazon Alexa added to your Beam, you can use your voice to turn your TV on and off as well as adjust the TV volume.

Let me share with you the troubleshooting steps that you can follow to get your Google Assistant working again.

• Enable TV Autoplay enabled in the Sonos app
    • Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
  • Ask Alexa to turn on the TV. 
    • Ask Alexa using a specific command. For example "Alexa, turn on the living room TV".

Please keep me posted on the progress and let me know how it goes. If you run into any issues, run a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.