Question

How to configure Sonos to get full support of Alexa with Spotify Family accounts

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
Hi all,

I have a very specific question as I didn't see exactly the same topic in the forum.
Here is the story :
I have :
  • A Sonos playbar configured in 5.1 with two Sonos One Gen2 and a sub
  • a Sonos One in my first daughter's bedroom
  • a Sonos One in my second daughter's bedroom
  • a Sonos account
  • a Spotify Family account (1 for my wife, 1 for each daughter, 1 for me)
  • an Alexa account linked to the Sonos products
I want (hope it is possible) to be able to :
  • Ask Alexa to launch music from my Spotify account in my living room
  • Let my first daughter ask Alexa to launch music from her Spotify account in her bedroom
  • same for my second daughter
I add that my daughters are too young to let them have a smartphone, but if it is necesary for configuring purpose. It will be possible.

For now what I succeded to have is to ask Alexa to launch music from my Spotify account in each room...

thanks in advance for any advice.
Thomas

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
You need separate Alexa accounts linked with each Spotify account. I think children can only be added to Alexa households in the US, whereas my account is in the UK. I got around this by adding my spouse to Alexa household (not to be confused with Amazon household), and linking my kid's Spotify to that account on his Echo Dot. I think that you can only have two adults in an Alexa household, so not sure if/how this with work for two kids.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you added your daughters Spotify accounts as per this article: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

I haven't tried this personally but, you then need to set-up an Alexa Household as per: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-and-use-multiple-accounts-on-amazon-echo/