Answered

How do you add Sonos speakers to the everywhere group with Alexa speakers so that the music plays on ALL the speakers including the Alexa speakers(Echo Dots, etc)?

• 11 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I’ve tried so many different groups and settings and preferred speaker choices and this doesn’t seem to be possible. 

I have an Echo, and an echo dot. I also have a Sonos beam with a sub and 2 play 1’s for surround. When I added Alexa third party to my Sonos app, I’m able to use Alexa on my Sonos beam which is great! However, when I create a group to include Sonos and the 2 Alexa devices I have, I can only choose the Alexa devices to play together OR just the Sonos devices. I can’t choose all of them so they ALL play music everywhere.

Does anyone know if this is possible?! Please advise😊

icon

Best answer by wds0001 11 July 2020, 20:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

It is not possible to group Sonos devices with Echo devices.  

Thanks @wds0001 Saved me a headache! Couldn’t find a forum thread with that simple response. 

Thanks @wds0001 Saved me a headache! Couldn’t find a forum thread with that simple response. 

There are many such threads, but the search on the Forum is very poor. 

Is there any chance there will be a firmware or other update for Sonos Play 1 and/or Echo to enable this playing this mixture of Sonos and Echo speakers in an Echo Everywhere Group ?  Or are we screwed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is there any chance there will be a firmware or other update for Sonos Play 1 and/or Echo to enable this playing this mixture of Sonos and Echo speakers in an Echo Everywhere Group ?  Or are we screwed.

No chance. Sonos wish to stay in business by selling hardware.

Plus my experience of the Amazon hardware is that the audio quality is generally terrible compared to Sonos.

No you are not ‘screwed’.  Sonos is the original and best multiroom wireless speaker system. What they have done is add voice control to their systems, not merged their system with any other speaker system.  As @controlav says, not a chance of this changing.