Answered

How do I group a new Sonos One in an existing Alexa group that contains Echos?

• 26 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have several "Music Groups" that I have used with Amazon's recent feature to play music simultaneously on several Echos. I have recently received my Sonos One and it appears that I cannot add it to any groups. Is it possible to play music simultaneously through my Sonos One in the living room and, say, my Echo in the kitchen?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 26 October 2017, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No that isn't possible.
Why isn't it possible? This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. You advertise this as "having Alexa built-in" but when you try to integrate it there is always some gotcha that renders your current setup useless. Very disappointed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Why isn't it possible? This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. You advertise this as "having Alexa built-in" but when you try to integrate it there is always some gotcha that renders your current setup useless. Very disappointed.

Amazon do not currently support the grouping of Alexa devices with 3rd party speakers. There is a big difference with an Alexa device made by Amazon and an Alexa Enabled device like the Sonos One. I suggest you place your rant on the Amazon forum. 🙂
Badge
Google Home will let you do this with any Chromecast audio device regardless of manufacturer.
Badge
Yes it is. Kinda. https://en.community.sonos.com/search/activity/topics?userid=7926722