Answered

How do I change wake-up name (we have an Alexa in our family)

• 4 November 2017
  • 10 replies

How do I change wake-up name (we have an Alexa in our family)
icon

Best answer by sjw 4 November 2017, 01:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Currently, that's not possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
You don't, yet.
Note, this is completely Amazon's fault and not Sonos'.
(I don't know this but such assumptions will be repeatedly espoused here and should be taken as fact.)
Thanks- I'm fairly computer literate and haven't been able to find a way!!
Pretty sure its easier to change your daughter’s name currently. :D

My buddy has the same problem with his granddaughter’s name. He struck out trying also.
Mine is a granddaughter also!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
The easiest thing would be to change your daughters’ name to Siri. :8
My daughter’s name is Alexa and I’ve just purchased sonos one’s for our household and all of my daughters (3). The name “Alexa” will be a problem in all households. I really would appreciate an alternate name choice ASAP!!!
Badge +3
You can change it to 'computer' or another, cant remember what, I have Alexa in the living room and computer in the kitchen, had a problem the other day when i binge watched the new Startrrek series 🙂
Userlevel 3
My daughter’s name is Alexa. Same problem here. I even validated I could change the wake word on “Alexa” before purchasing. However, this thread and an official Sonos page indicates that for “Alexa”-enabled 3rd party devices, that is not the case. I’m disappointed that this is not more prominently known before purchase. I’ve had Sonos for ten years but this requires me turning off the microphone when voice activation is the reason I purchased the new speaker. I already have plenty of non-voice activated Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 3
Sonos page indicating you cannot change the wake work on a Sonos speaker. I did not see this before purchasing and must have researched changing the wake word on a regular Amazon Alexa type device (such as an Echo): https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3517?language=en_US&utm_medium=sonosone-setup&utm_source=cr-care&utm_content=english-cr-care-sonosone-setup

What commands can I use with Sonos?
Not supported...
Changing the Sonos One or Beam wake word