How Can I Set Up a Voice-control Command to Select a Line-in Device on My SONOS Connect Using Alexa or with an IFTTT Command

• 26 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Line-in Voice-Control Command

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The line-in device is always hot so auto detect isn’t ideal. I just want to shout at a robot to do it for me when I want to hear that source instead of having to go into the app to make the selection.

Not possible at this time.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
The line-in device is always hot so auto detect isn’t ideal. I just want to shout at a robot to do it for me when I want to hear that source instead of having to go into the app to make the selection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't think there is a voice command for this but you can set the option to auto play on a Room when the Line-In source is detected. Open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>[Select your Connect]>Advanced Audio>Line-In>Autoplay Room. You can then include Grouped Rooms or not. How are you controlling the Line-In source?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I was hoping I could save the line-in selection as a fovorite to add to My SONOS so that it would show up in the SONOS drop down selection for favorites to work with a simple phrase with Amazon Alexa using IFTTT.