Question

How can i link my music from my laptop windows 10 to sonos one alexa?.

• 29 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
just bought a sonos one alexa and whenever i say alexa whats in my music library she says there is currently no music.. i have seen the video online but thats not clear.. i do have a napster app on my laptop but still cant figure out how to do it. so if some could let me know just what to do i would be grateful.. also i have all my music stored on my c drive of laptop anyway i can get this in the sonos library and then just ask alexa to play them?. please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The only way to get Alexa to play your music on your laptop is to start playing some music so it's in your queue and then Alexa can control - Ie stop, start, change volume play previous, skip and so on.

Currently you can't tell Alexa to play "David Bowie", say, from your library (it does work for Amazon Music if you have that).
We expect Sonos are working on getting Alexa to be able to find and play from My Music but it isn't there yet
Badge
thanks for reply.. i joined amazon music unlimitted yesterday for a free 30 day trail, and alexa was working fine last night, but i wasnt impressed with amazon unlimited music so before i went to bed i cancelled my subscription, and this morning if i ask alexa to play radio or music say acdc, she says shuffling acdc but no volume no music at all same with radio she says its playing but nothing, is it because i canceled my subscription with amazon music unlimitted last night?.. or is there something else. thanks mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
My Alexa Skill can play local content and Napster (US-only), if your PC is running Windows 10.