Answered

Have reminders sound on all speakers

• 11 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos One in most rooms and Beam+Sub in the living room.

Is it possible to have reminders sound on nominated or all speakers?

If I set a reminder at 10 in the morning for 6 in the evening, who knows which room I'll be in at the time? However, the reminder only seems to play on the speaker where the reminder was set.

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 13 November 2020, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi Rowena,

Thanks, that’s really helpful - I’ll try those out :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Froodster, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know your concern.  I’d be happy to help you out here. 

You can set up alarms to wake up to your favorite songs in the morning, or set up reminders throughout the day and you can configure that in the Sonos app.

To set a Sonos alarm using iOS or Android:
1. From the Rooms tab, tap the Bell Alarm icon.
2. Tap New Alarm.
3. Set the Time, Room, Music, Frequency, and Volume, and tap Save.
4. Tap Done.
5. Alarms can also be accessed from the Settings tab by going to System > Alarms.

You can set reminders on your nominated speaker or If you check to Include grouped rooms, the alarm will play in the rooms that are grouped together at the time the alarm goes off. It does not play in the rooms that were grouped when the alarm was originally added to the Sonos system. On the other hand, setting Sonos alarms and sleep timers via Alexa is not currently supported.

To play tracks from your local Music Library, first, add the track to a Sonos Playlist or Imported Playlists then select the playlist as the alarm source. The max number of alarms you can set up on Sonos is 32.

Hope this helps. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @Froodster, thank you for your response. Please do let us know how things go. Kindly reach back to us if you need further assistance.