Question

Groped Sonos speakers not playing with Alexa via Amazon echo Dot

• 21 October 2017
  • 1 reply

I'm very much a novice so I hope my question makes sense. I Just added the Sonos skill to the Alexa App. I have a group of sonos speakers, and I wanted to use Alexa to control the music on them. I gave the command to Alexa, "Play music in the Living room." and the Music played on the living room sonos speaker ONLY, Not the other sonos speakers in that grouping. There are 6 speakers in this group, the "living room" is the dominant sonos speaker. Is there a way I can give a command that will make ALL the speakers in a given group play simultaneous?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Robert, sorry for the delay. If you're still looking for your answer, Alexa should play to all of the rooms grouped together with your Sonos player from within the Sonos app.

Alexa groups don't work with the Sonos skill, so you have to use the Sonos app to make a group, but then you should get audio on all of your Sonos rooms grouped together whenever you target any one of them.