Getting Ready for Sonos One

• 2 October 2017
  • 80 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

80 replies

I have a new Sonos one in Hong Kong. I can't seem to get Alexa running. I have the Alexa app installed on my tablet. Sonos says Alexa not available but I have it so how to link?
Userlevel 2
I hear that guys are getting Alexa to work in Hong Kong, even though it's not released here yet... is there any work around? And do Sonos have an anticipated release date?
So with the news of HomePod today, I decided to plunge in the Alexa world. I have a 5.1 setup with 2 Play:1s as the rear channels. I'm reading I will need 2 new Sonos Ones for stereo connection, but will it work (with the Alexa features) in a 5.1 setup with the playbar and sub?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm reading I will need 2 new Sonos Ones for stereo connection, but will it work (with the Alexa features) in a 5.1 setup with the playbar and sub?

That's correct. The Sonos Ones would act as your surrounds with the PLAYBAR. Alexa would be available from both.
thanks so much, just bought 2 for pickup today! will have to figure out what to do with my other play:1s now!