Answered

Explicit music randomly playing

• 8 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Anyone having issues with explicit music randomly playing? This has happened to us 5 times now a few of which with kids and family over. When I say explicit I don't mean just any music with some explicit language. I mean meth, cocaine, murder, f*#king h03s, mentioned in the first 15 seconds of the song… Unacceptable for this to happen multiple times with no explanation from Sonos.

icon

Best answer by coxmr1 8 March 2023, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Thank you for the replies. This has happened with Amazon music, Spotify, and Pandora over the last three years in two different homes. It happens for no explainable reason. No alarms and no voice command prompted it. Submitted diagnostic and called within a minute of it happening and they couldn't tell me where it started. They could only say that I paused it before calling and told me my speakers were rebooted while we were on the phone… according to my app and speakers they were not rebooted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What was the source of the music?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not all music sources are supported: Filter explicit content on Sonos | Sonos

If this happens again, go in to the Sonos app  and submit a diagnostic within about 10 minutes of this happening.  Then talk to Sonos support (anytime later) and they’ll be able to tell you where the request to play audio came from.

Also, I would change your WiFi password.

If this happens again, go in to the Sonos app  and submit a diagnostic within about 10 minutes of this happening.  Then talk to Sonos support (anytime later) and they’ll be able to tell you where the request to play audio came from.

Also, I would change your WiFi password.

I don’t think they meant someone else was controlling their playlist, I think they were asking where do they turn on the filter for songs marked as explicit lyrics within the Sonos app.  Many individual streaming apps have this feature, and when randomly playing music, will select the radio edit vs. the explicit version.   They aren’t really clear on which service they are streaming from though.