Answered

Eufy doorbell notification on Sonos / Alexa

• 18 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I have numerous Sonos products which are excellent and support Alexa,  I have just purchased a Eufy wireless doorbell which works with Alexa.  As I can only access Alexa through my SONOS equipment, how can I link it to ring on my SONOS / Alexa when the doorbell is pressed.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 15 February 2021, 07:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you enabled the Alexa skill? You might want to look at this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@mikefox1 Did you get this to work, keen to know if the sonos Alexa support to be used as a wireless chime?

I am in the same situation, please tell me Sonos have sorted this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

No not yet been sorted

No not yet been sorted

Nightmare. Thanks for coming back to me.

Should be a simple software fix for them as well, not a lot to ask when we’ve spent over £1k each on their speakers, hey. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The only way in which I can get my Ring doorbell to output on Sonos devices is via my Hubitat Hub. My understanding is that Amazon restrict the output to Alexa devices and not Alexa Enabled devices, which is what Sonos devices are.

My Hubitat Hub doesn't have such a restriction,  which implies to me that the restriction is with Amazon rather than Sonos.