Question

Enabling Alexa on Sonos One in France

• 26 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Hi, I live in France. I have a Sonos system enabled with my smart TV and an Echo which I configured (hacked) since Alexa is not yet available in France. I was recently given a Sonos One which I have added to the network ; Spotify is enabled and works properly. Question: how do I enable Alexa for the Sonos One? When I was setting up the device, the app said that voice services were not available; wondering if there is a workaround? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Tu as essayé de créer un nouveau compte sonos hors France pex us ou uk ?

Chez moi alexa fonctionne parfaitement avec alexa ...
Merci CHX! Mon compte Sonos existant a été crée en France et marche parfaitement avec mon Echo/Alexa, mais c'est une bonne idée d'essayer le Sonos One avec un compte Sonos différent, peut etre un compte américain ou anglais effectivement? J'essaierai et te tiendrai au courant, bonne journée
Any developments on getting Alexa and Sonos playing together in France in the near future?
Hi I was recently able to download the Amazon Alexa app (the authentic one, not a fake one like Amazon LLC) to my French cell phone for the first time - using a French Amazon account. I hoped that this would allow me to activate the voice features of the Sonos, but no luck - this is still not working.:(
Hello tous,
à priori le skill Sonos n'est pas encore disponible sur Alexa pour la France mais j'ai pu l'ajouter sur le mien en passant par amazon.co.uk et ça marche nickel !
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072ML3N6K
Pareil pour vous ?
Super merci beaucoup, j'essaierai
Bonjour,

Quand on y voit les commentaires sur la version anglaise d Alexa sur Sonos (en gros ca arrive tout juste à mettre la radio et encore dans une seule piece) on se dit qu helas il faut pas etre presse de passer sur Play one en France...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072ML3N6K
Hi, I have just bought a Sonos One here in Amazon France & Alexa Voice does not work even with a VPN. However, I have an Echo Dot on its way from UK & wonder whether that will work with Voice, if so how? I understand from a YouTube video that it would have been possible to have the One delivered to a UK mail forwarding service, sent to me & I could use Alexa. Not sure if I understand how come it is so tricky countrywide. Thanks, Roger.