Answered

Echo won’t even recognise the name Sonos!

• 7 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Really struggling with the new Alexa/Sonos thing. Followed setup instruction and have my three Sonos devices all recognised in the Alexa app, but the echo won’t recognise two of them. In fact all I get when I try to use it is the message that the term Sonos isn’t recognised!
Have re-booted everything as well as forgetting devices and doing a new search for devices in Alexa. All devices are then recognised but the echo refuses to acknowledge Sonos.
Really stuck!
icon

Best answer by chicks 7 October 2017, 14:50

Why are you uttering "Sonos"? If you've named one of your speakers "kitchen", say "Alexa, play some jazz in the kitchen".
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Why are you uttering "Sonos"? If you've named one of your speakers "kitchen", say "Alexa, play some jazz in the kitchen".
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Thanks for that. I don’t know is the answer to your question. Now I don’t say Sonos! Thanks again.
Badge +3
Do you have any other smart home devices such as philips hue?
If so and the room names are the same this will most likely be the cause of confusion for echo.