Echo Spot - Picture and title on screen when playing music with Sonos

• 15 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 55 replies
Hello ! Is there a possibility that one day, in Wifi, an illustration of the album and the title of the song are on the screen of the Echo spot when we listen to the music with Sonos ? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Yes, it's possible. I don't think there has been any word of this being a future enhancement though. I would think it's a bit low on the priority list amongst customers, and I'm not seeing how this could drive sales much for Amazon or Sonos. Just my opinion.

One complication on this. Amazon already has the ability to display lyrics in sync with the music. Although this is technically possible, it's not possibly with the way Amazon and Sonos integrate today. it would need to be done a different way, which would bring about other problems. If you were to display the title and artist, customers will want lyrics next.

Another problem. Sonos can play music from sources that Amazon does not. Those cannot be displayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Cococo. Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback. I am happy to forward this along to the team for consideration and visibility. Thanks again!
It is possible, if Amazon were to open up the Spot to third party developers. Tunesmap does exactly this (and a lot more) by monitoring what you're currently playing on any Sonos device from any source, including a local NAS. It does this using a Sonos API. It currently runs only on AppleTV, but is looking at other devices.

https://www.tunesmap.com
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hello! Thank you so much for your responses!
I'd like that feature too.
Does the album/track artwork not get displayed when the Spot is playing music from Amazon on Sonos speakers?
Reading more on the subject, it appears that this will not happen because the Spot will hand over the music play to the Sonos speaker selected.
Which is then another reason why using the line in socket is a better solution - as long as the required line in jacks are available. And why the One should have had these!
I don’t understand why track info can’t be displayed on spot. If you ask Alexa what is playing, it knows.