Echo Input connection to Sonos Connect

• 28 March 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Connect attached to my stereo receiver using the analog out connectors. Can I connect an Amazon Echo Input to the Sonos Connect using the analog in connectors and if so, what other settings do I need to make to have it play through the Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. There is no need for a wired connection. See the Sonos Support website for how to use Alexa with Sonos.
John, is right. You can connect an Echo Input to a Sonos Connect, but it's not necessary and, you'll be introducing some new issues you when you do that. A better solution would be to just use an Echo dot and use the normal integration between Sonos and Alexa. You won't hear Alexa speaking through your reciever connected speakers this way, but all your music will play through them.
Thanks for the prompt response, I want to hear Alexa through my speakers, is that possible?
Thanks for the prompt response, I want to hear Alexa through my speakers, is that possible?Do ypu? I'd rather not hesr Alexa at all!
Thanks for the prompt response, I want to hear Alexa through my speakers, is that possible?

Yes, and the setup you have will work. You aren't actually doing an integration though. You don't need the Connect at all, unless you want Alexa to speak/play music on other rooms in the house. You will also need to keep your receiver on the echo/connect's input all the time, otherwise you won't hear anything.

I wouldn't recommend this though. Hearing alexa over stereo speakers is very much overrated, using the 'normal' alexa/sonos integration has more advatnages in terms of features.