Answered

Echo Dot not playing Amazon Music through Sonos

• 8 October 2017
  • 1 reply

When I ask Alexa to play music it does it through the echo dot perfectly, however when I ask the same question but to play in my living room (name of my Sonos speaker) it says I have no music in my library? The problem is yes I have no music in my library, but I want it to steam music via Prime Music! So frustrating...

The only way I can get the echo dot to stream music via Prime music is to say "play blah blah from Prime Music in my living room" which is long and tedious. And yes I have set my default music service to Prime Music!

Where I am going wrong? Any help is much appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 2 November 2017, 19:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Quoc. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Are you still experiencing this problem? Have you checked in the voice history section of the Alexa app? This will let you know what Alexa "heard", and should help determine if what was interpreted was in fact what you are saying. If you are still encountering problems, you may have the best success by giving us a call and having a technician dig deeper in real time.

Our contact information can be found here.