Echo and 2 play:5 devices

• 14 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
Hello,
I have 2 play 5 and just got a dot and was wondering what the preferred set up is? Line out running to 1 speaker and use the stereo pairing or just use the Sonos Alexa skill?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I guess it depends on if your a fan of the Alexa voice coming out of the Play:5. I determined early on that I prefer the DOT to answer any alexa questions and for the Sonos speakers to only play music.

If you do the line in to Play:5 you also need to go into Alexa settings and tell it to play a sound before it speaks so that it will enable the autoplay on line in and not cut off Alexa's voice.
I believe that if it is convenient to wire the Dot, it is still a better way to go. For one, you will not have to suffix every voice command with the word On Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Its definitely a personal preference. I have my dot only a few feet from my Play:5 but prefer it not to answer questions via the Play:5
Badge +3
I do not have suffix the word with Sonas?