Drop the room name

• 7 October 2017
  • 6 replies

I like the alexa integration. There needs to be a way to associate Alexa devices and sonos devices in the Alexa app. The room name should only need to be specificed if you want to control the bedroom sonos from the living room.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sonos has already stated that the room name requirement will go away at some point.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Chicks, that's excellent news that I must have missed. Will really improve things. Finally time to put away the cr100.
Agree. Not sure of timeframe, hopefully by EOY.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Something like this is dependent on Amazon. I'm sure that Sonos has told Amazon that they would like to see some sort of functionality like this, where a default speaker is assigned to an Amazon device... whether and when Amazon does it is completely up to them though.
This needs to be done for other home automation. Lights, fans, TVs would all benefit if Alexa devices could be associated with groups of other devices.
According to this article smart home groups will be realesed this month. It is for home automation but I would think this will work for sonos also. https://www.cepro.com/article/new_amazon_echo_plus_zigbee_home_automation_alexa/P2