Do we have more wake words yet?

• 22 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Does the Sonos One still only support the 'Alexa' wake word, or do we have any new ones?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Does anyone know this? If not can we expect any more in the future?
this is also what i want, my kid also call alexa. how to change to another wake word.
As of now, it is still just the one word. Expect more when you get them is the best answer than any non Sonos employee can give to the next question.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Been a year since posting this. Does anyone know if more wake words have been added?
Been a year since posting this. Does anyone know if more wake words have been added?

Why would you ask here? Couldn't you just go into your Alexa/Sonos controller and see if the option exists? Or is this just an excuse to bump threads?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Why would you ask here? Couldn't you just go into your Alexa/Sonos controller and see if the option exists? Or is this just an excuse to bump threads?

I haven't got a Sonos One hence why I am asking on the Sonos forum. I plan to purchase a Sonos One if there is another option to 'Alexa'.

I haven't got a Sonos One hence why I am asking on the Sonos forum. I plan to purchase a Sonos One if there is another option to 'Alexa'.

You would have to ask Amazon. So far, the ability to change the wake word has been reserved for their Echo devices only.