Answered

Different wifi networks?

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve just bough a Sonos One for my home office which has it’s own router. (I have two already in the house on a different wifi network.) It wasn’t playing Spotify or radio stations properly so I disabled the skill in the Alexa app and when setting up I was prompted with the attached.

I’ve selected ‘System 1’ which is now working but the devices in the house (system 2) are now not working properly with Spotify, etc.

Does this mean I can’t use two different setups at home?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 April 2023, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Probably, all Sonos and their controllers need to be on the same network.

Unless there is some reason to have the office Sonos on the office network you’d be happier having it on the home network.

A SONOS controller can only work with one system at a time. Why do you need two systems in the same house?

I don’t think I do … but this is how the Sonos app presented them to me … guessing because they’re on two different wifi networks maybe?

Systems see independent. A SONOS controller can only work with one system at a time. Why do you need two systems in the same house?