Answered

Different music in different room

• 1 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello we are having issues playinf different music on different speakers(other rooms) especially with alexa.We are spotify premium(family) subscribers. Is there a way to fix this??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 1 August 2020, 14:57

Hi

Is not currently possible to initiate different music via voice command from Spotify. You would need to use the App for the second request or the first voice requested stream will be stopped.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Is not currently possible to initiate different music via voice command from Spotify. You would need to use the App for the second request or the first voice requested stream will be stopped.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for taking the time i appreciate that! This is a bit disappointing though….It would be nice to be able to switch from my spotify profile to my wife’s or daughter with alexa. I don’t recall if it was the same situation when we were with apple. I told them to use the sonos app instead of alexa if someone is working out in our little gym/room.

Stay well!

PT

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

My (now retired) Alexa Skill could do this by remembering the specific music account on each Alexa device, but the Sonos Alexa skill cannot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for taking the time!

Stay well!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I just saw, you have an IOS Sonos app? Can you send the link/name?

Thanks!

If you look at his profile (click on his name), you’ll see what he has listed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks! 👍🏻✌🏻