Question

Deezer service through Alexa...

• 27 November 2017
  • 31 replies

Badge
Now Spotify is supported via Alexa does anyone know a date for the Deezer service?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Spotify has been on Alexa itself a good while. Sonos had to do something for its integration so too a little bit to get it on Sonos.

I haven't seen Amazon hint at any further music services adding to Alexa. I think they are trying to promote Amazon Music Unlimited and thus aren't actively seeking out further music services to add to Alexa.

Sonos - has no say (dependent on Deezer and Alexa)
Deezer - I'm sure would like to but don't know that Amazon would agree to.
Amazon - pretty much has all the say and has an inherent interest with their own service not to add a large amount of competitors.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Frustrating silence from all concerned. Would be nice to have an idea of when this issue will be resolved. Sonos, Deezer and Amazon giving impression they don't care.

What “issue”? Deezer isn’t available on Echo, so it’s not available on Sonos One via Alexa. It is available to play on Sonos, and can be voice controlled for everything except searching for music.

Deezer will soon be available for full voice control on Google Assistant, which Sonos is implementing. That’s the route Deezer voice control will be available on Sonos, not via Alexa. End of story.

Oh my. I trust the offence my ignorance has evidently caused didn't give you indigestion.

I guess the fact that the Deezer community manager said 2 months ago that Deezer are working on new features including alexa compatibility threw me....

Sorry.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm just too old to understand all this new fangled stuff. Is this a Google hit?

https://en.deezercommunity.com/troubleshooting-and-tips-4/amazon-echo-with-deezer-sonos-1693
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Carry on being frustrated at Sonos and Amazon. You’ll be frustrated for many, many months based on this, lol. Meanwhile, the Deezer / Google Home integration is actually underway, and will be available far sooner than via Alexa, assuming it ever actually happens. Anyway, life’s too short to deal further with this.

So in addition to being the perpetrator of ill-informed, erroneous comments and rude responses, you’re now the owner of a crystal ball? Amazing. You’ve been wrong here many times in the past, so I don’t think your track record gives your latest statement much credibility. Nobody is contesting the fact that Google integration is on its way. Personally, I don’t care because I don’t own any Google Home products. As you would say, “end of story.”
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I find it odd that the posts by “serial insulters” in this community are allowed to stand until somebody replies with what moderators perceive as an insult in return. If there are no replies, the original insults posted by the serial insulters remain intact. Perhaps those who cast the first stone should learn to cast no stones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I appreciate the concern, Toolio. That shouldn't be the case in any threads, and if you see one, please feel free to flag it to our attention.

In this thread, I don't see any remaining insults. There are some aggressive comments and I'd encourage everyone to consider their posts, and how they could have been more friendly and welcoming. However, as long as we're just arguing points and disagreeing, there isn't any need to start calling names. If you have a specific comment you'd like to discuss, please feel free to send it my way and I'd be happy to continue via private message. We probably don't need to derail this conversation over Deezer any further.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I find it odd that the posts by “serial insulters” in this community are allowed to stand until somebody replies with what moderators perceive as an insult in return. If there are no replies, the original insults posted by the serial insulters remain intact. Perhaps those who cast the first stone should learn to cast no stones.

Completely agree. Rooting out those that greet new users with rude and needlessly aggressive responses would seem to make most sense.
Now, an official announcement from Deezer. The Deezer skill is now available in the Alexa app, though it’s currently telling me it can’t be enabled in my region (USA). That’s probably just a rollout glitch...

https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005965745-Deezer-on-Amazon-Alexa
Badge
+1 - wondering whether to switch to Spotify...
Any news of a date for being able to use Alexa to play Deezer on Sonos?
That’s a question for Amazon. Google is bringing Deezer into its Home ecosystem, and Sonos has committed to Google Assistant in 2018, so I would think voice control of Deezer will be via Google, not Alexa.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Frustrating silence from all concerned. Would be nice to have an idea of when this issue will be resolved. Sonos, Deezer and Amazon giving impression they don't care.

What “issue”? Deezer isn’t available on Echo, so it’s not available on Sonos One via Alexa. It is available to play on Sonos, and can be voice controlled for everything except searching for music.

Deezer will soon be available for full voice control on Google Assistant, which Sonos is implementing. That’s the route Deezer voice control will be available on Sonos, not via Alexa. End of story.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Didn't know deezer was coming to Google Assistant. Thanks chicks. I had deezer for a while but my kids hated it so we switched to apple music.
http://www.deezer.com/googlehome

I guess the fact that the Deezer community manager said 2 months ago that Deezer are working on new features including alexa compatibility threw me....

Deezer has been actually promoting that they’ve coming to Google Home for several months. There are zero hits on a Google search for Deezer Alexa. Yet you are here expressing frustration at Sonos and Amazon because some “community manager” on some obscure forum said that Deezer might be working on Alexa integration at some point in the future? Sheesh... 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hits button......🆒
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
“When Music Ally sat down with a series of Deezer executives at the company’s media day last December, smart speakers like Amazon’s Echo were high on their priority lists, with the realisation that rivals were ahead of Deezer on this score.” Somebody doesn’t know how to use Google, lol.

http://musically.com/2017/08/09/deezer-gets-first-smart-speaker-integration-google-home/
“When Music Ally sat down with a series of Deezer executives at the company’s media day last December, smart speakers like Amazon’s Echo were high on their priority lists, with the realisation that rivals were ahead of Deezer on this score.”

http://musically.com/2017/08/09/deezer-gets-first-smart-speaker-integration-google-home/

You forgot the relevant bit: DEEZER GETS FIRST SMART-SPEAKER INTEGRATION WITH GOOGLE HOME
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I didn’t forget anything because I’m not disputing that fact. I’m disputing your absurd claim that there are zero Google hits on anything related to Deezer and Alexa. As I said, somebody doesn’t know how to use Google.
Relevant hits...
Carry on being frustrated at Sonos and Amazon. You’ll be frustrated for many, many months based on this, lol. Meanwhile, the Deezer / Google Home integration is actually underway, and will be available far sooner than via Alexa, assuming it ever actually happens. Anyway, life’s too short to deal further with this.
Userlevel 1
Badge

I know, it's all so infuriatingly silly of me.

Almost as silly as those digital morons at Google Home allowing users to subscribe to music services other than Google Play Music. You simply have to wonder how they could possibly value the digital access to my house, shopping habits, and lifestyle more than the pathetic monthly subscription they could get if they simply forced me to use Google Play Music.

Amazon on the other hand...they know what they are doing....no Deezer for those boys...oh no....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, I've deleted a few posts from this thread that are attacking users. Please refrain from the insults from any members of our community.

As to Deezer on Sonos through Alexa, I don't have any details I can let you in on today. But if there's any word to share in the future, we'll announce it on the board.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Deezer has been actually promoting that they’ve coming to Google Home for several months. There are zero hits on a Google search for Deezer Alexa. Yet you are here expressing frustration at Sonos and Amazon because some “community manager” on some obscure forum said that Deezer might be working on Alexa integration at some point in the future? Sheesh... :D

Deezer has nine million paying customers. (I am one.) For years it had an exclusive higher-res arrangement with Sonos. Yet you call their user group “some obscure forum.” How many paying customers does Sonos have? If the number is fewer would you describe this community as even more obscure?