Deezer now in Alexa app

Coming to Sonos soon? While Deezer just showed up as a music source in the Alexa app, the skill is showing geographic restrictions here in the US. Odd, since it’s available in US English. Perhaps it will come with the big April update, Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

According to Deezer, this should work with Sonos.

https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005965745-Deezer-on-Amazon-Alexa

Supported devices

What devices can I use Deezer on Amazon Alexa with?

Deezer is available on all Alexa-enabled devices.

Compatible speakers by third-party manufacturers are certified by Amazon and are called 'Alexa-enabled' devices.

Amazon Echo family

Echo
Echo Dot
Echo Show
Echo Spot
Echo Plus
Alexa-enabled speakers by third-party manufacturers include:

Sonos One
Ultimate Ears BLAST and MEGABLAST
Other speakers on Amazon.com
If you have purchased a Sonos One smart speaker, Deezer is perfect for your new Alexa-enabled device. See our support article for more on using Deezer with Sonos. And visit Sonos for more on how to set up the Sonos One with Amazon Alexa.
Reply from query to Deezer support:

Thank you for your message.

We are planning to launch it in the USA on 09/march/2018. Can you please try again on this date? :)

Feel free to get back to us if you have any other question,
Presumably the new Deezer 'skill' will allow their streaming music service to play on the Amazon Echo devices, or any third party speakers, that are cabled to the line-out port, or speakers that have been paired to the Echo via Bluetooth.

I’m not so sure it will link through to smart home devices, but time will tell.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Oh happy day!!! This arrived sooner than I expected.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Glad Deezer is now available via voice.

It’s not showing up on my account just yet, but before I sign up, is anyone able to clarify how many Deezer music streams you can initiate with voice?

With Spotify it was just one was which is useless in a multi room system. If Deezer has the same limitation I will be gutted.

Andrew
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Now reading that hifi or lossless streaming not available via voice. A bit of a bummer for guys like myself who subscribe at that level.
Now reading that hifi or lossless streaming not available via voice. A bit of a bummer for guys like myself who subscribe at that level.

It certainly should be via Sonos, just not on Echos, newer gen Echos don’t support FLAC.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It certainly should be via Sonos, just not on Echos, newer gen Echos don’t support FLAC.

I hope so but I suppose it would be good if Sonos could clarify. I actually wouldn’t doubt if it’s not available even via Sonos. I do hope not though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Chicks,

Can you confirm if you are able to start more than one Deezer stream by voice (assuming you have multiple Sonos zones), or if you are restricted to just one (as is the case with Spotify), and what Deezer plan you are on?

Many thanks
Andrew

I hope so but I suppose it would be good if Sonos could clarify. I actually wouldn’t doubt if it’s not available even via Sonos. I do hope not though.

Per Deezer, no HiFi via Alexa. :(

So the Amazon Alexa app does not support Deezer with HIFI/ Flac. On Sonos One (with Alexa already integrated) I'm not sure. But if you have to install the Alexa app separetly on the phone and add Deezer to that app, it still won't play tracks in FLAC quality.
This is only supported in the Sonos App itself.
But we are ware that this is not ideal and are working on some future changes. So hopefully FLAC/ HIFI will also soon be available via Amazon Alexa
Hi Chicks,

Can you confirm if you are able to start more than one Deezer stream by voice (assuming you have multiple Sonos zones), or if you are restricted to just one (as is the case with Spotify), and what Deezer plan you are on?

Many thanks
Andrew

I'm on the 30 day free trial of HiFi, not the Family plan, but was able to start three different Deezer streams to three different Sonos devices via Alexa, while Chromecasting a 4th stream from the Deezer app. Gave up after a few minutes of this, as it drove me nuts! ;)

However, their website says this:
Can you listen on more than one device at a time?
You are only able to listen to content on one device at a time, unless you have a Family account.

So i wouldn't count on this working.

https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003873289-Connected-Devices
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Does it work on Echo Dot with Sonos skill or just the Play Ones?.

Might be time to unbox the Dot?.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Thanks Chicks!

At last a music service that plays nicely with Sonos AND Alexa, and treats a whole Sonos setup as one ‘device’.

The Deezer Skill just started working in the U.K. this morning. I’ve signed up and it works like it should! So I can say goodbye to Amazon’s expensive family plan!

Andrew
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Ok found first bug.

If I select Deezer song from the app it plays and then stops as expected.

If I request a Deezer song from Alexa it plays and then repeats over and over (I don’t have ‘repeat’ enabled). Oh well still early days I gues.

Andrew
Per Deezer, no HiFi via Alexa. :(
Confirmed. It's streaming at 320kbps (plus overhead).

Does it work on Echo Dot with Sonos skill.
Works with Dot.
Can anyone get Flow to work? Alexa insists on playing 'songs from Cali Flow Latino'. 😞
Can anyone get Flow to work? Alexa insists on playing 'songs from Cali Flow Latino'. :(
Got it. "Alexa, play some music".