Answered

Control Sonos by voice

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I live in New Zealand. I have a playbar and 3 Play 1 Speakers. I use Apple Music. And of course I watch TV. I am considering buying a Sonos One to enable me to Airplay my various iTunes playlists. What I would like to be able to do is by voice play a playlist on speakers of my choice and adjust volume on each speaker. I would also like to by voice adjust TV volume. I understand that this must be done via Siri. Is all of this possible and is it cumbersome
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 September 2018, 02:11

Hi there, Jetace. Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. While getting the Sonos One will allow you to do these tasks with your voice on the Sonos One, the other devices you currently own will not be accessible by Siri or AirPlay. This is because Siri uses AirPlay to access Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Jetace. Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. While getting the Sonos One will allow you to do these tasks with your voice on the Sonos One, the other devices you currently own will not be accessible by Siri or AirPlay. This is because Siri uses AirPlay to access Sonos.
Thanks for that. The main use I am looking for is controlling volume while watching TV. My Play 1's are not paired and I generally have them grouped with the playbar. With a Sonos one would I be able to adjust the volume on individual speakers and could I group the speakers? I find the iPhone cumbersome. Would an echo dot be able to adjust volume on individual speakers. I have one close to me that I put at a different level.