Question

Considering adding Alexa to existing Sonos system (in Canada)

• 10 June 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have a Sonos system and am considering adding Alexa commands to it. My current system does not include a Sonos One. Based on comments I've read on this forum, and from perusing other web sites, I think the best option for me is to purchase an Echo device versus purchasing a Sonos One. The reason for this is to be able to maximize the use of available Alexa commands and functions, including free phone calls.

My question is related to the specific Echo device... does it matter which one I purchase (Dot/Echo/Echo Plus/Echo Spot/Echo Show) considering I will be integrating it with my Sonos system? The only time I might want to use a stand-alone speaker is in the summer months when I now connect my mobile phone to a Bose bluetooth speaker to use when I am outside.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They will all work the same with Sonos.

I have a Show in my kitchen because it does come in handy with the visual aspect of Alexa. But all the rest of my Alexa's around the house are Dots.