Answered

Connecting Sonos Move to Echo Dot for Music Services

• 11 August 2020
  • 3 replies

The Sonos Move recognizes Alexa voice commands but will not connect to music services. The Sonos app says I need to enable Sonos Skill. In the Alexa app, Sonos skill is enabled and linked. The Echo Dot and the Sonos Move are listed among the devices in the Alexa app. When I tell it to “Discover devices,” it cannot find any, and I’ve tried in both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modes for the Move, just to be sure.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled both the Sonos and Alexa apps, and I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Alexa from the Sonos app. No changes. I’m going in circles. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 11 August 2020, 22:34

Hi @stilsken.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @stilsken.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

This worked. Thank you very much! Now to sign-in and/or re-download all my Amazon apps….

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @stilsken.

Thanks for the immediate response and for the update.

I’m glad everything worked out well and is now working as expected. congratulations and I do hope you always continue to enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,