The Sonos Move recognizes Alexa voice commands but will not connect to music services. The Sonos app says I need to enable Sonos Skill. In the Alexa app, Sonos skill is enabled and linked. The Echo Dot and the Sonos Move are listed among the devices in the Alexa app. When I tell it to “Discover devices,” it cannot find any, and I’ve tried in both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modes for the Move, just to be sure.
I’ve deleted and reinstalled both the Sonos and Alexa apps, and I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Alexa from the Sonos app. No changes. I’m going in circles. Any advice?
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.
I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.
- Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove the Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.