Answered

Connecting Alexa and Amazon Music in two different properties

• 10 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have a mixture of sonos and amazon echo devices in two different properties.  When I travel from one property (my main house) to the other (my holiday home), the experience on my alexa echo devices is seamless.  If I say alexa play music in both properties it connects to my amazon prime account and plays from amazon music which is set up as my voice service.  However with Sonos when I arrive at my other property and say play music or play radio station xxx nothing happens.  I have to disable the Sonos skill in the alexa app and then set it all up again and then it works.  But then when I return to my main house I have to disable the Sonos skill and set it all back up again.  This is a real pain.  Has anyone found a better way of doing this please?  I would be grateful for any advice you may have

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 October 2020, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The relationship between Sonos and Amazon accounts must be 1:1.  You will need to create two of each accounts and link them uniquely at each property. 

Many thanks for replying.  I don’t want to pay for two prime accounts (for amazon music) so I think I’ll just use google assistant in the second property which isn’t ideal but at least keeps it simple. Thanks again, much appreciated 

Actually thinking about it I saw something about very recent improvements connecting Amazon echo products to Sonos.  I also know that i can use echo’s in both properties without having to change amazon accounts and music services.  So does anyone know if I buy a few echo dots and connect them to my sonos network could i then control my amazon music services through one account for both properties and play through the sonos system?  would that mean i could also use functions like drop in controlled by the dot but playing through sonos (turning off microphones on the sonos speakers).  Shame I waste the extra money by alexa sonos speakers but maybe this is a workable solution?  Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice