Answered

Cannot stop Alexa from playing music with “ yelling “ at her!

• 17 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I have Sonos one and to play music I can give it a command in my normal voice from almost any distance in my family room. However to stop it from playing i have to be just about on top of my Sonos one yelling at it to discontinue playing.
Why? And how do I correct this issue.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by chris4x4 17 February 2018, 15:04

Try turning the mic button off for a few seconds, then back on. Seems to be a bug with this as a workaround. That seems to have actually helped!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Are you on Sonos version 8.3.2? It fixed the shouting issue.
Badge
Yeah, I'm not sure what has happened. It used to be perfect, and could understand me and my Wife easily. Even when playing music at higher volumes. Now, it takes a few times to trigger the Sonos One, and we have to raise our voice. If its over volume 3, forget it. We have to be on top of it to hear us. Version 8.3.2 here. What happened Sonos? Just when I want to buy another one, this pops up and kills my desire. Sound is great, but not if I have to yell at it to control it. Please put it back the way it was!!! It was perfect!!! 😞
Try turning the mic button off for a few seconds, then back on. Seems to be a bug with this as a workaround.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
The old sonos CEO stated how good the apple homepod is with voice at full volume, could be coded talk for sonos is crap at it....
Badge
Try turning the mic button off for a few seconds, then back on. Seems to be a bug with this as a workaround. That seems to have actually helped!
The old sonos CEO stated how good the apple homepod is with voice at full volume, could be coded talk for sonos is crap at it....

Serious question. Why in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks do you own Sonos? You do nothing but complain about it and bash it at every opportunity. You imagine them to have all sorts of evil conspiracies against their customers and are always stating how much better the competition is. If I had the same feelings as you, I would have dumped my Sonos years ago. Yet still, here you are? Are you some sort of masochist? Because that is the only rational explanation.
Badge
The old sonos CEO stated how good the apple homepod is with voice at full volume, could be coded talk for sonos is crap at it.... OR....It could simply be a professional giving an unbiased opinion on a product?