Answered

Cannot get Echo Dot to play music from amazon service on my Sonos Play 1

• 7 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Our Echo Dot will not play Amazon music through our Play 1. It will play Radio from tuneIn etc, but if i ask to play specific music through the Sonos it will only play a sample. If i dont request to play through Sonos it will play whatever i ask through the Dot. We only have a single account for the one Dot and when we had the free trial for the Amazon music for 30 days it worked perfectly. Surely we dont need another Amazon music account for the Play 1 as we are just using it as an external speaker for the Dot. This has been driving me nuts for weeks. Ive tried starting from scratch with setup etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 June 2018, 21:46

More than likely your account is a $3.99/month "Amazon Music for Echo" plan. If it is, it is only good on a single Echo device. For third party speakers like Sonos, you need the Individual or Family plan.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

More than likely your account is a $3.99/month "Amazon Music for Echo" plan. If it is, it is only good on a single Echo device. For third party speakers like Sonos, you need the Individual or Family plan.