Answered

Can't play manually added Radio Station via Alexa

It is impossible to use Alexa to play a manually added station (added to TuneIn - My Radio Stations via (Manage/Add Radio Station) even so it is in TuneIn / My Radio Stations :-(

Related issue/suggestion from:
melvimbe wrote:
I'm hoping we'll be able to setup a favorite with a user friendly name. So for your example, you can add that radio station as a favorite in Sonos, then give it a label like 'Dublin Radio', then be able to say "Alex, play Dublin Radio'....

It's going to make things really difficult if this sort of thing can't be done, for both music sources and zone groupings. Besides being annoying and difficult to remember exactly how to say a long command, longer commands also means greater chance for Alexa to get it wrong.
icon

Best answer by John B 10 April 2019, 11:03

If you add the station to Favourites you could (I think) use IFTTT to be able to trigger via Alexa. It isn't a perfect solution, but it only took me about 20 minutes recently to download the IFTTT app, link it to my Sonos and Alexa apps, and then set up triggers to play certain Favourites on specific speakers. I started from here:

www.ifttt.com/sonos
View original

2 replies

If you add the station to Favourites you could (I think) use IFTTT to be able to trigger via Alexa. It isn't a perfect solution, but it only took me about 20 minutes recently to download the IFTTT app, link it to my Sonos and Alexa apps, and then set up triggers to play certain Favourites on specific speakers. I started from here:

www.ifttt.com/sonos
Thanks John B. This works a treat 🙂 Also security- and privacy conscious may find this a bit risky.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings