Can't play KNX 1070 From Radio.com on Sonos Using Alexa, Oct 7 2018

• 8 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I can't get Alexa to play "KNX 1070 NewsRadio on Radio.com in the Kitchen" on my Sonos player in the kitchen. I CAN get it to play on my Echo Dot. I've updated to the latest Sonos version 9.1. I uninstalled and reinstalled radio.com on my Sonos. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos Skill and radio.com skill on my Alexa. I even tried asking Alexa to "open Radio dot com" then play KNX 1070 NewsRadio in the kitchen," still won't work. Alexa won't recognized the command when I try to play it on the Sonos. Any advice on how to get Alexa to play this station on my Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, J-man. Are you able to play KNX 1070 without using Alexa and just through Sonos? This will help us to determine if the problem is Alexa locating the station or if it is the Sonos system not being able to play the station. Additionally, is Alexa interpreting the commands you are giving properly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'll also note that there was another topic with folks saying there were issues with radio.com in general, though as of a couple of hours ago, that topic had found that issues were resolved.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Keith, yes I am able to play KNX 1070 without Alexa just through the Sonos app. I do know that Alexa is interpreting my commands because she repeats them verbatim, i.e. " I can't find the station KNX 1070 NewsRadio on Radio.com." She says, "Playing KNX 1070 NewsRadio on Radio.com" before playing it from my EchoDot if I don't add, "In the kitchen" to the command.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Mike, yes there is definitely something specific to Radio.com that is confusing the Alexa-Sonos operation. All of my other apps work OK.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Any progress on this from Sonos? Should I open a ticket through support@sonos.com and submit a diagnostic code?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Radio.com is not supported by Sonos through Alexa. I contacted Sonos support and got this reply:

"Currently, using Alexa to play Radio.com is not yet a feature that can be properly used. We can certainly forward this to the team so that it is something to be added. You can also post to our Community."

I hope Sonos figures this out soon. Radio.com seems to be pulling over the good stations.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Still no resolution on this. Wondering if anyone else found a work-around?