Answered

Can't pair Alexa and Sonos - Unable to discover devices - discovery failed - diagnostic report 8053297

• 7 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I can't get Alexa and Sonos to sync up. I bought the new Sonos one and tried going through the setup. Alexa says hello on the Sonos but when I say discover my devices I get "I can't find any devices - go to the alexa app and enable that skill. I do that and then click add device (all my other stuff is in the app) but no joy, very frustrating. I ran a diagnostic report (8053297)
icon

Best answer by Jordyn7796 18 April 2018, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This is late but I wanted to post this for anyone having the same issues I was.

Problem: Sonos couldn't discover devices (couldn't use alexa skills)

The first issue was that I was using an Amazon account that was tied to another set of speakers at my house. So, I had to create a new Amazon account (w/o prime) for my speaker at my apartment. I know that sucks.

Then during the setup faze it would not allow me to enter my own amazon information. It would just default to the original amazon account I had. I had to delete the amazon app and any amazon saved passwords. I then factory reset my Sonos One.

After that I went through the setup process as described by Sonos (both setting up the sub & alexa) and the shit finally worked. Legit took me months to figure out. I spent like 5 minutes on it max like each month though smh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I get the same error when trying to connect Sonos and my new Echo Dot.

I have enabled the skill and have tried to disable it, and start from scratch but with no luck.

Hi

Follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Badge
I get the same error when trying to connect Sonos and my new Echo Dot.

I have enabled the skill and have tried to disable it, and start from scratch but with no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can't get Alexa and Sonos to sync up. I bought the new Sonos one and tried going through the setup. Alexa says hello on the Sonos but when I say discover my devices I get "I can't find any devices - go to the alexa app and enable that skill. I do that and then click add device (all my other stuff is in the app) but no joy, very frustrating. I ran a diagnostic report (8053297)

You need to enable the skill before discover. I suggest that you start from scratch and follow the steps in this guide. Then if you encounter an issue, can you highlight how far you got and what the message was at the point the set-up failed.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4347?=KB4343
I am having the same problem. Anxious to hear how to finish setting up my Sonos One with Alexa.