Can't add Spotify and Soundcloud accounts

• 11 November 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I've just installed Sonos Connect.
Added Google Play Music account, Deezer, Last.fm, but Soundcloud and Spotify can't be added: I redirect to webpage where I get notice that I can close page and return to Sonos app, after returning Sonos app show message that I've got an error and service will not be added. Tried from Android, iOS and macOS versions of Sonos app.
What's wrong? Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Which country do you live in?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Currently I'm in Russia, but in my profile Germany is specified.
Also last time I've made it in Russia (year ago), Spotify and Soundcloud were added without any problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think Spotify also check the location of the payment method now, so this is probably why.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thank you! But my Spotify account on smartphone works well without VPN and Soundcloud shows very similar error when I try to add it to Sonos...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, can you submit a diagnostic and post the number in the thread.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Yesterday I've got Sonos Beam as a gift 🙂 After that I've added Spotify and Soundcloud without problems!
But I've got new problem: I can enable Voice assistant Alexa on my Beam. In Alexa app I've discovered Sonos speakers and while I enabled Sonos skill for Alexa I sort of connect Sonos account to Alexa. But after that when I'm trying to add voice assistant in Sonos app, I get error.
I've tried this instruction: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
but without results.

My diagnostics id: 389322131
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I can enable Voice assistant
Sorry, this is a mispell. ‘I CAN'T enable Voice assistant’ of course.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Does my diagnostic data help with understanding what's wrong?

Does my diagnostic data help with understanding what's wrong?

Yes, a Sonos tech can take a look at the data and diagnose what is going on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yesterday I've got Sonos Beam as a gift 🙂 After that I've added Spotify and Soundcloud without problems!
But I've got new problem: I can enable Voice assistant Alexa on my Beam. In Alexa app I've discovered Sonos speakers and while I enabled Sonos skill for Alexa I sort of connect Sonos account to Alexa. But after that when I'm trying to add voice assistant in Sonos app, I get error.
I've tried this instruction: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
but without results.

My diagnostics id: 389322131

Hi there,

I don't see an error in the report that is specific to setting up Alexa, but there are wireless communication errors between your Sonos components and Bridge. This is usually caused by wireless interference. Please try changing the wireless channel your system is using. It may also help to make sure your Bridge is not too close to any other wireless electronics, such as your router.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I've made hard reset for my Beam, Connect and Bridge and set my Sonos system again. Also I switch off 2.5GHz band on my router. Bridge wired to router and Beam wirelessly connected to Bridge.
I've started add my music services again. Soundcloud is the only that I can't add. After seeing webpage with notification that service was added to Sonos and I can switch to Sonos app, I've open Sonos app and get notification that there is an error. I've tried many times but no success. Alexa also can't be added. Other services: Deezer, Google Play Music, Spotify and Last.fm were added easily. What's wrong? My new diagnostic id: 1790023690
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Suddenly Alexa was added.
After several attempts Soundcloud was also added.