Beam using Alexa Routines

• 8 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi I love the Beam and it works really well. One thing I tried on it was an Alexa Routine that I have which turns all my lights off at night when I say "night". To start with when I tried it on the Beam it didn't work at all and I just got a message back that it's not supported. Then all of a sudden it started working but I still get the message back from the Beam saying that it's not supported. i wondered if this is a bug that needs looking at.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I would love to know the answer to this, seems the routine works well but the error message is annoying (and a bit embarassing :D) Usually the error is occurring because some part of the routine isn't supported by Sonos. Try removing any audio (Alexa Says or music) from your routine. For some reason Sonos isn't supporting audio in Alexa routines.
What did you try to do in your routine? I haven't tried it myself so I'm curious.
I have the same issue with the Beam. I have routines set up and use them with both my Echo Show and Beam. The Beam will turn off the lights when i ask, but always announces that it's not supported.
Badge
I have the exact same issue too. Alexa Routines work perfectly with Sonos Beam, but it always announce that routines are not supported. How can we disable this announcement?
Can some one from Sonos support please reply to this?
I would love to know the answer to this, seems the routine works well but the error message is annoying (and a bit embarassing :D)
I have created an Alexa skill for my Arduino controller in the past and I have found you get these type of errors if the skill or the device doesn't respond in the allowed time. This could be an issue with the device, skill, LAN or WAN or server delays. The owner of the Skill (SONOS team) can look at the analytics and error messages if coded properly. This will tell them where the issue is. I would suggest, sending them a log immediately after the error occurs so they will have the information to find your issue out of the thousands of requests in the logs.