Answered

Beam + Second Alexa Interfering...

• 3 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hey,

So I have a beam setup under my TV. At the other end of the room in the kitchen is an Echo Dot. (It's just one long room). When we are watching TV and use the alexa commands to mute/unmute, etc it works well. But if we happen to be in the Kitchen both alexa devices hear me. Since I am closer to the one in the kitchen it registers the mute/unmute command.... Thus it doesn't seem to work the beam. Is there any fix for this? To tell them they are in the same room or anything? Thanks!

-Eric
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 September 2018, 01:55

Hi there, Eric. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. You should be able to say "Alexa, Mute on [Room the TV is in]". This will mute the source of the group and in turn, any other rooms grouped with the TV. Alternatively "Volume zero", should also do the same.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Eric. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. You should be able to say "Alexa, Mute on [Room the TV is in]". This will mute the source of the group and in turn, any other rooms grouped with the TV. Alternatively "Volume zero", should also do the same.