Question

beam and alexa - volume of alexa too low

• 12 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

saw a few threads on volume issues - many were old and never resolved…

I have a beam connected to a TV through the HDMI - all works great but alexa volume too low.

If I ask her to increase HER volume - she does but it also puts the TV volume (which is the Beam) to the same level which is too loud.

Beam/TV on 31 percent volume = GOOD but ALexa too low have to stand right next to her (Beam)

I ask alexa to her volume, she says device volume 1

I ask to turn her volume up to 5

She says OK and turns up to 5 - which puts the TV/Beam to 50 percent! OUCH!

any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I understand that this maybe an Amazon issue and the way the system integrates with Sonos, it has been mentioned a few times in the community and there is some suggestion that folk would like to see the volume of Alexa operate independently of the speaker output, but that is possibly a big change for Amazon if you think about how their Echo devices currently work. 

Sonos and Amazon often do not mention their development roadmap, so we will all have to wait and see if this is changed at some point in the future, but such a change would have my vote (+1) too.