Answered

Beam Album Playback and Commands Issue with Alexa

• 22 July 2021
  • 3 replies

At some point last week, my beam lost the ability for continuous playback. If I ask for an album, I only hear the first song. If I ask it to skip ahead to the next song, it does not work. Anyone else having this issue or have a suggestion?

I’ve tried deleting/reinstalling the skill in the Alexa app and that did not work. Also confirmed none of these issues occur w/echo speakers, or within the sonos app using amazon music… it seems isolated to the voice command only.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 July 2021, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks Corry. The full unplug and restart approach did the trick. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndyFG 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for the details about what works and what doesn’t - these really help!

First, as the easiest step to try, please remove Amazon Music from Sonos as described in our Remove a music service account from Sonos help page, then add it back on again and test.

If that hasn’t helped, you can also try removing Alexa from the Beam and adding it back again. Remove a Voice Service.

Finally, please unplug the Beam and router from power. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, turn it on again and wait for WiFi to come back before powering on the Beam.

If none of this helps, please get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndyFG 

Great news! And thanks for updating us here!