Bad initial experience with Alexa and Sonos

• 19 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Alexa started playing music on my command, but it would not stop, no matter how I phrased the command. Alexa responded that cameras were not supported on this device ??
Then connectivity got worse, my Sonos had not lost connection ever since I set it up a month ago, but after I used Alexa it continually dropped connection, would play a few bars and then stop. I rebooted the router (as instructed by Sonos help line) and it worked a little better but then started failing to connect again. I unplugged the echo dot and it seemed to get better. I suspect I may have had too many wireless devices on the network, so I switched my iphone and ipad to the 5g wireless, that may have helped.
I won't be using Alexa to play Sonos again anytime soon. So much for being a beta tester, I thought only Microsoft used their customers to find bugs! I guess I'm earning my $25 discount.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, metoo:

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Just out of curiosity, what are your rooms named? I've heard reports of custom room names giving Alexa some troubles. Also, would you mind sending us a diagnostic report so we can take a look at what may be going on? Please reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Much appreciated.