Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device

• 5 December 2018
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 2
I have set up a simple 2 step routing to turn on two smart plugs simultaneously through Alexa. This works 100% find on a dot but I get an audio recording of "Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device" every time I run it from my Sonos One. How do I make this irritation go away!

64 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello there, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community with your concerns about your Alexa routines. While routines are not fully supported within Sonos at this time we are aware of this and are continuing to work with Amazon to improve features and expand functionality. Please keep an eye out on the "Announcements" forum for any updates on expanding feature support for our supported voice services.            

I have been getting the same error so came looking for answers. Can’t believe this post is 1 year old

and still no solution to this issue. 

I suppose so Jammalam, very discouraging.

Does support monitor this thread? It’s a year old with numerous requests for help from Sonos and not a peep from them. It makes me nervous about continuing down the SONOS path or recommending to friends.

I'm sure they do monitor this thread, they clearly just don't respect their client base - after all they have our money now don't they? Typical American company - treat u like royalty until they have ur cash, then treat u like scum. 

Does support monitor this thread? It’s a year old with numerous requests for help from Sonos and not a peep from them. It makes me nervous about continuing down the SONOS path or recommending to friends.

How annoying, came here looking for answers, leaving feeling dejected about the money I foolishly spent

Initially it was working fine. Now it only supports weather …… Sonos and Amazon should work together to fix this otherwise we should stop buying Sonos products with Alexa altogether now. After 1 year, the situation is still the same.  

Sonos, any update?

Sonos, any update on this bug?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Badge

Im also hoping for a solution to this. Just seems like a bug, or caused by a combination of scenarios that I can’t figure out. I’ve disconnected and re-set-up everything but still the same error message, despite it then proceeding to run the command as normal. I’ll send a support request to Alexa and Sonos.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos any update? 

I thought I had it fixed after removing and remaking the routines but it only fixed it for one execution of the action...then it started preceding the actions with the warning again. I too am looking for a resolution to this anomaly. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos team, any update? 

another half-a$$ed Sonos adventure. Won’t be recommending Sonos to anyone until they fix Alexa and Google Assistant deficiencies. 

Looking on the bright side, I have managed to stop two other people wasting their money on Sonos. Their poor support does have an impact on new sales. 

Can’t believe this still isn’t fixed when it’s so easy. They’re clearly prioritising development over resolving technical debt. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Most Sonos users want to be able to build Alexa routines and make use of the Alexa Says action, which translates to fixing the “Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device” error message.   When will Sonos One support audio actions?   Is Sonos Support reading these posts?  How often are software patches pushed to this product set?  Weekly, Quarterly, Yearly?  Please give us something to hope for.

Userlevel 2

Don’t hold your breath!

As stated in many other posts, Sonos great sound, very poor support!

Sonos continuously release products that apart from the great sound quality, fall over miserably in all other area’s including the app!

Sonos, how about you FINISH one project 100% before starting another!

It seems that Sonos know that people have invested $1000’s in their products and know we will put up with their crap support coz we don’t want to fork out thousands more for an alternative. 

This bug is the one thing deterring me from going all in on sonos, I want their system as their sound quality is great, but routines is a key feature I need. If this isn't solved by Christmas, I guess I will be going with just echo+ and echo studio speakers...
+1.

I have sank over 2k into my SONOS system. I've had this problem from the beginning. I only get the message when there's an audio action as part of the routine. Alexa still executes the routine and even does the audio action after she tells you it's not supported. I researched this issue when I first started 2 years ago and I'm disappointed that this thread is exactly where I left it with more people complaining of the problem that's still unresolved.

I have well over 100 connected smart home devices in my home and this issue is the most persistent (because there's a SONOS in every room talking back to me telling me it's not going to do something). Just remove that response! Literally, the speaker saying nothing is preferable.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Have you tried looking at the audio routines subset and deleted or erase whatever is there (it could be a hit of the space bar or simply Alexa "thinks" something is there) doesnt hurt to try.

I have the opposite problem... I did place an audio routine - and it executes it - after saying "this device does not support audio..." lol..bugs in the system... I love the sound, though
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The fact that it’s been one year with this issue is what blows my mind.

such a big company and have no regard for their community.

It either has Alexa or not. They need to stop marketing that it does because it doesn’t.

i can’t market a whole house for sale and sell you half a house.

Luckily i I bought one, I’ll return it tomorrow because waiting for the “brilliant” engineers to fix it has already taken a year.

I feel for anyone whos spent a lot of money with Sonos.

I'm not aware of any marketing information from Sonos that states they will support all Alexa functionality. The stated primary goal of Sonos is to enable the control of music via Voice Control. All reviews that I have read by 3rd party organisations state that Alexa functionality is not 100%.
The fact that it’s been one year with this issue is what blows my mind.

such a big company and have no regard for their community.

It either has Alexa or not. They need to stop marketing that it does because it doesn’t.

i can’t market a whole house for sale and sell you half a house.

Luckily i I bought one, I’ll return it tomorrow because waiting for the “brilliant” engineers to fix it has already taken a year.

I feel for anyone whos spent a lot of money with Sonos.
Badge
I have set up a Routine in the Alexa app which is a set of commands for the phrase "Alexa, Goodnight" in which two lights are switched off in the same room. I have also tried to add a command to siwtch the audio off from a Sonos One to which the command is issued in the same room but unfortunately, the device does not show up in the list of Smart Home devices. A Sonos Beam in another room does appear in the list.

Is there any reason why the Sonos One doesn't appear and the Beam does? After all the Beam and One are just "Alexa Enabled" devices....