Answered

Audio actions are currently not supported on this device - Alexa and Sonos One

• 11 March 2018
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
When I give Alexa a command on my Sonos One, for example "Alexa, Good Morning" she says "Audio actions are not currently supported on this device" but then strangely she carries out part the associated action correctly, turning the lights on or off as expected. No weather, no flash brief.

I have a Playbar with 2 Sonos One’s in our living room. After hours of initial setup everything worked...including routines. Then I exchanged the Playbar (speaker issue) and when I updated/reloaded everything my routines no longer work.

Help! Seriously, if all of the features I purchased this system for don’t work, why did I invest so much cash? The salesperson at Best Buy assured me that this setup is 100% Alexa ready.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 19 March 2018, 09:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Exactly the same issue here. I was led to believe that Sonos One comes with full Alexa functionality. It can play my flash briefing, read the weather forecast and give me traffic updates but if I try to put those actions in a routine it fails to play them.

I really hope this is a bug or a temporary issue as this really isn't good enough. Either the Sonos One comes with everything Alexa offers or it doesn't have Alexa.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
It is disapointing that the sonos one only have a partial alexa, nobody warned us about that. We have 2 sonos one in our bedroom and we’d like to be able to put a sleep-timer , it accepts the command but nothing happens. I’ve been asking sonos when/if this will be implemented, so far no answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The Sonos One is an 'Alexa Enabled' device and there is a difference in the functionality compared to an 'Alexa Device' - even within the Amazon product line. At present, no 3rd party speakers are supported within Alexa Routines - this includes the Sonos One. You can trigger Routines from the Sonos One but not include it within the Action. This is driven by Amazon not Sonos and is in the information for the Sonos One:

Remember Alexa Routines were only released in Dec 2017, after the Sonos One was released. I'm sure that Sonos will address this when Amazon enable them too.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks for takingnthe
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Oups?.....i mean Thanks for taking the time?! I’m french speaking, my english is often a little funny!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Oups?.....i mean Thanks for taking the time?! I’m french speaking, my english is often a little funny! No problems and your English is much better than my French! 🙂