Apple Music On Sonos One

• 28 December 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge
Can you play Apple Music on Sonos One? I have the Alexa app on my iPhone, linked my Apple Music account to Alexa, however she does not respond. I can use my Mac desktop app to play Apple Music okay, but not with Alexa directly on the Sonos One. Any thoughts before I call tech support?? Thanks for any help, Happy New Year, Leonard

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I also cannot get this to work, (Apple trial) and a few google searches suggest it is unlikely
I’m also trying Spotify free trial
Badge
I'm doing the free trial as well. I subscribe now to SiriusXM and looking for justification of doubling the streaming music services, and Sonos One isn't helping. Any luck with Spotify free trial?? Thanks for the quick reply. If get any further information, I will pass it along to you and the community. Happy New Year, Leonard
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Spotify sort of works, Alexa radio, play Rolling Stones ok, but commands like Alexa skip track, stop or pause just not working !
I’m very apps/mac/computer savvy but I’m pulling my hair out over this.
Have both Apple and Spotify Premium on trial.
Badge
Thanks again! I'll call tech support in the morning and see what's up. I'm guessing you can play the music from Apple Music and Spotify okay on the desk top computer Sonos App? The desk top controller does't seem to be an issue, only when you try to use Alexa on the Sonos One, right? We all might have to wait on a bug fix or software update, but I'll ask the tech's.
Guys, you can't link your Apple Music account to Alexa. Don't know what you are doing, but Alexa can only initiate play from services supported by Alexa: Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeart Radio. All others can be initiated via the Sonos app, then you can use basic controls via Alexa.
Badge
Thanks for the information. So, to be clear, we can initiate the Apple Music on our desk top controller, then ask Alexa to "stop, skip, pause"? Will Alexa raise and lower the volume on unsupported services too? Thanks for the info!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yes that should work as well
Userlevel 1
Badge
I was disappointed that Alexa and Sonos One Voice Control are not integrated with my Apple Music Family subscription as this is my default music service. Use case was my daughter loves to play music but is now frustrated that any given song won't play full length track as it comes from my amazon music (non - paid) account. Whole point of getting the Sonon One voice enabled speaker was to avoid having a Device in her room. Any way around this. Amazon Alexa supporting Apple Music through voice Probably not happening any time soon....
If Amazon (Alexa) won't support Apple Music, why will it let me select it as my default music service? It leads you to believe they support it, when they don't. Ridiculous. New to the Alexa thing, and so far not a fan.
If Amazon (Alexa) won't support Apple Music, why will it let me select it as my default music service? It leads you to believe they support it, when they don't. Ridiculous. New to the Alexa thing, and so far not a fan.

Look closely. This thread is 7 months old, and things have changed since then. Amazon now supports Apple Mus8c on Alexa. But only on Amazon devices right now. It will take a little time to get supported on 3rd party Alexa devices like Sonos.