amazon music playlist stops, Sonos One with alexa

• 15 December 2019
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi, 

I have searched the community but not found quite the same issue. But similar problems with alexa and music stopping had me following the advice on resets, the general troubleshooting tips etc. The help from UKmedia.  I've been through all that and cannot fix this.

What happens is this.  I have Amazon music which will play fine for a while when controlled by Alexa but will always at some point stop and freeze. The alexa app will show the song as having stopped with a large negative time left and the only way to unfreeze is to jump tracks in the alexa app. 

When playing from Sonos app this never happens. So it makes my voice control pointless as I always need to have my phone handy. 

Any help on this would be really appreciated as I've tried every kind of reset, etc and can't get rid of it.  Amazon tech line don't have anything other than reset to offer. 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

The next time this happens can you submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread. Please see:  https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

Hi,

Thanks for replying.  Sorry it has been a while to get back to you, I have been travelling recently.  Now I'm back and using the Sonos again it has just happened and the diagnostic number is

Thanks

It's done it about 4 times now over the last 2 days.  Only ever with Amazon music and when  controlled via Alexa. Direct from the sonos app there is no problem.  Spotify works without issue but Alexa has no idea when it comes to spotify so I never get my playlist just something random. 

I have no solution that let's me use voice control reliably. 

Any fix for this issue.

all Alexa started playlists only play one song and stop, pressing ‘next’ in the app moves to the next track

I never got this fixed so I dropped Amazon music completely and now use Spotify which is much more reliable.