Question

Amazon Music App With Sonos

• 4 December 2019
  • 2 replies

When playing music directly from the Amazon Music app on my iphone and “casting” to my Sonos speakers, I can get the music to play but I am unable to control the speakers. After it starts playing on speakers, I can’t stop it, can’t change the volume, can’t change the track, etc. Control on the Amazon music app are unavailable. Only option is to “disconnect” from the speaker, and even then the music keeps playing. Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it? I am using both play1 and play3 speakers.

2 replies

Hi

I suspect you are using an unsupported method of playing music on Sonos. You cannot use the Amazon music app to play on Sonos. I imagine you are using an Android phone's capacity to cast to speakers  under DLNA? But Sonis is not DLNA compatible.

There is no fix because this has not neen designed to work in the first place. 

Thanks for the reply John. I’m actually just using the ios Amazon music app and pressing the cast icon on the bottom right of the “now playing” screen within the app. I’m surprised my Sonos speakers are listed when I click this button if they aren’t supported.